unrepeatable's san francisco review

5.15.2006

chasing the sunshine

After spending my day chained to a desk, I was eager to get outside and into the sunshine. I took the long way to the BART, soaking in every possible ray of sunshine before disappearing underground for my short trip home. I was looking forward to my walk on the otherside-- fresh air and sunshine. But I live in San Francisco, and on the other side of my BART ride was a gray sky and swirling fog. Had I missed the sun? Blown my chance? I started up the hill and out of the fog's languid grip. The sun was shining just at the top, a glorious reward, so I pushed forward out of the fog and into the sunshine. I reached the top and looked down into my little valley drenched in sunlight. The fog swirled and danced at the edges, creeping over the hills and sneaking into the corners of the sunlit lowland. And like a giddy girl in the first sweet stages of romance, I fell in love all over again with my beautiful city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home