unrepeatable's san francisco review

5.07.2006

in search of... Buffalo

In seeking the ever elusive American Bison, aka The Buffalo, I decided to avoid the obvious places one goes to find buffalo. I wanted to find a more natural and relaxed buffalo, one that didn't feel he had to put on a show. So I started my search where I start almost every search, a local coffee house. Today's selection was Luv-a-Java on Dolores and 26th. Where my latte was decidedly free of buffalo.


Which was, in retrospect, probably a good thing. Sure, it would have fulfilled my buffalo sighting requirement, but it also would have been rather messy and unsanitary. Not to mention it would have severely interfered with my latte enjoyment.

Latte enjoyed, I decided to wander up Church St to see if there were any buffalo up there.




There weren't. I thought about trying Dolores Park. On passing I noticed no Buffalo, but lots of standard poodles. This was not a surprise, as buffalo and standard poodles are natural enemies. I needed to find a place with fewer poodles. So I hopped on the MUNI.



Which was also decidely free of buffalo (probably due to the MUNI police asking for passes and transfers) and headed to the inner sunset.



Also buffalo free. So I decided to try Golden Gate Park.



There was a Polish festival going on, perhaps this would attract the Buffalo. The flyer was certainly inviting...



Well, Maybe not. I think buffalo in general want to avoid sausage. Mmmmmm, buffalo sausage. Ok, maybe up by the museum?



Not Buffalo. But SO cute!! But not enough cute to fend off my growing frustration. Then I came across a lovely waterfall and stream.



A water source! Surely this would lead me to the buffalo!



But it only led me to some ducks. Which, if you are keeping track, are not buffalo.



And from there to the SF Model Yacht Club. Great, any buffalo here were certainly not going to be full size. I was about to give up. I was getting tired-- my latte was wearing off and I was getting some sort of blister. This was all crap. But then, in the distance...



Was it? Could it be?

Buffalo!

Buffalo in a pen. In a big pen. Fenced in pen of buffalo. Well. OK. Maybe a bit anticlimactic. Next time I go looking for buffalo in the wild, I will certainly check my map first as apparently they are all just penned in. Stupid buffalo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home