unrepeatable's san francisco review

4.25.2006

public affection

This morning I was moving pretty slow. Late night and whatnot. Karaoke. Drinks. You know the drill. Not really a hangover, but close. Stomach not at 100% but nowhere near serious.

So I get on the BART. I find a comfy place to stand against the wall, out of the way, not blocking anyone. The train isn't packed, there are plenty of empty seats, but my commute is 10 minutes, I can stand.

So I'm standing there. Stop one: seats fill up. Stop two: a couple gets on. There's still plenty of room, but the couple (who may or may not have been incestuous conjoined twins) decide to stand directly in front of me. Perhaps my singleness makes me invisible to those that can only see the beauty that is their own love, perhaps they were just assholes, but they decided to stand directly infront of me. In my personal space. Now, the train was not that crowded. There was more than enough room for us all to spread out, but these freakishly tall lovers decided that my face was where their armpits should go. Ok. Fine. Two more stops and I'm off. I can deal with this.

But then... then they kissed. Ok. One kiss. I can handle that. Young lovers. It is cute. Then one spoke. And they kissed again. The other spoke. Kiss. What, is speaking so difficult you need a reward? I could feel the acid in my stomach rising like the angry ocean. Things that should remain still inside began to twist and turn. Uuughh. Sentence. Kiss. Sentence. Arm stroking. Kiss. My not so hangover was growing to full size. It was taking on a life of it's own. I tried to look away. I tried to not watch, but they surrounded me.


My only calming thought was that if I remained unable to keep my stomach contents in check, said contents would cover said Amazon lovers.

That, and getting off at the next stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home